It’s not long now until the EXGB British Indoor EX Championship Round 5 and the Revvi Yorkshire Super Cup event at SX Worx on the 25th March and we are excited as always to be welcoming you, your little ones and your families to our event.
Here are a few final instructions to bear in mind ahead of the event…
– First up we want to say this is a fun event and the number one priority as a team is that everyone has a great time!
– Little dude’s cut the big dudes some slack if they are a little slow on track as we all get old sometime, and the same applies to looking after your parents, they are just as nervous as you.
– There is to be no riding outside of the Arena
– Please take your litter home
– Please drive responsibly in and out of the Venue and remember there will be lots of little ones around
– Parking is limited so please park where asked and with space in mind.
– Please feel free to ask our team any questions you have, we are here to help so you and your riders and families can have a great time.
– Please make sure you attend the riders briefing which is at 8.20am on the track. The rider and parents need to attend
– Please make sure you have your number clearly displayed on your bike
– Please be kind and courteous to our staff, members of the public, other riders and their families. We are here to all have fun.
– Make sure your batteries are fully charged
– Long hair needs to be tied up and inside their helmet
– All bikes must have chain guards.
– Parents must stand back from their riders at the start. If a parent pushes a rider off of the start the race will be red flagged and it will have to be restarted
– Parents who go trackside must wear a high viz vest. If you do not have one you can hire one from us for a £5 cash deposit.
– Parents who are trackside must stay in a safe place and not run around the track. It is their duty to pick up any rider who falls off near them. If we have a situation where parents are running around the track in front of other riders the race will be red flagged
– Lastly and most importantly, have a blast
Race times are approx (if we can we will try and run ahead of this schedule if we gain time in the early races)
Times are aprox & are subject to change
7.30 am – 8.15 am – Signing on
8.20am – Riders & Parents Briefing
8.45am – Practice & 1st Heat
10.45 am -2nd Heat
12.15pm – 3rd Heat
2.15pm – Finals
4pm – Presentation The Top three riders from the A Final get a Trophy Board with the winner of the A Final winning the Revvi Cup. (all riders will receive a Medal. If you need to leave before the presentation come and see us at our Gazebo to get your medal before you go)
As we are running a tight schedule so please make sure you are ready for each of your races in the pitbox well ahead of time. You need to be back in the pitbox 50 minutes following each race for your next race.
Races are approx. 5 minutes long each.
Practice will be 1 laps and will take place directly before a rider’s first race. Ie after their lap of practice they will line up straight away for their first race. We allow a little time here to get the little ones ready for their first race.
The schedule is subject to change depending on the time available on the day.
Electric Balance Bike Races will have 9 riders in so the Points are 1st 9pts, 2nd 8pts, 3rd 7pts, 4th 6pts, 5th 5pts 6th 4pts 7th 3pts 8th 2pts 9th 1pt.
EXGB Auto-E and Mini-E Races will have Six riders in so the points will be 1st 6pts, 2nd 5pts, 3rd 4pts, 4th 3pts 5th 2pts and 6th 1pt
The EXGB Oset 12.5 class will have seven riders in so the points will be 1st 7pts, 2nd, 6pts, 3rd 5pts, 4th, 4pts, 5th 3pts, 6th 2pts and 7th 1 point.
Riders will each get a 1 lap practice, 3 heat races and a final.
In classes with just one group of riders the result on the day will be decided over points scored on each race. In the Revvi 12” Open 3 years of age, the Revvi 16” Open 5-6 years of ages classes, and the Mini-E and Auto-E classes the last race of each day will be the A and B Finals which will be decided by the points scored throughout the earlier three races.
In the case of a tie on points for the day overall, the rider with the best result on the last race of the day will be the winner or higher finisher.
All riders receive a programme, a goody bag and a medal. The Medals be awarded at the presentation.
Awards go to the top three in each class. The Revvi Yorkshire Super Cup will go to the winner of each Electric Balance Bike class.
The final EXGB British Indoor EX Champions will be awarded also at the presentation in the Auto-E, Mini-E and Oset 12.5 classes.
To say you the cost of buying a Transponder we manually lapscore at EXGB events. This mean’s it is very important that your rider has the correct number on their bike. We have quite a few duplicate numbers so please check out the Entry lists to see your what your number is. It may be that a 1 has been put in front or behind your riders number.
>>CLICK HERE<< to view the entry lists
What to wear
What riders need to wear: Long trousers, race pants or jeans – Long sleeved tops – Closed shoes, preferably ankle boots but trainers as a minimum – Full face helmets preferably but Cycle helmets, properly fastened are acceptable – Riders also need to wear gloves.
There will be catering on-site offering up Hot and cold drinks, and hot food…
We will have a full array of Revvi spares, Rider clothing and lots more!
Friday Evening – Electric Ride Evening
We will be running an Electric Balance Bike Ride Evening on Friday evening from 4.30pm to 8pm. One rider per parent is allowed trackside, and they will need to wear a high viz vest. Vests are available to hire from us.
>>CLICK HERE<< to enter the ride evening
Unit 27; S35 Industrial Estate
We look forward to seeing you all there!
The EXGB team!